Screenshot of Maths Y6 Marksheet
‘School Analytics’ is a SIMS assessment system for primary schools
School Analytics is a no-fuss system of marksheets that provides a simple way of recording pupil assessment. It links to the SIMS Programme of Study marksheets to help school analyse the top-level data. It can also be used ‘stand-alone’ to provide a simple, no-fuss summative assessment system.
Integration with SIMS programme of study marksheets
The SIMS Programme of Study system allows schools to capture formative assessments quickly and easily. But schools still need to summarise the formative data to give the ‘big picture’ of pupil attainment and progress over the whole cohort – and that’s where School Analytics comes in.
Why use SIMS for assessment?
Many schools don’t get the most out of their investment in SIMS. In particular, they don’t fully utilise Assessment Manager. School Analytics is a quick to set up, ‘out of the box’ solution for schools that want to get more value from one of the most powerful school improvement tools you already have.
Watch this video demo
See how simple it is. Watch this short demo of the system:
If the demo video does not play, try this link: http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cDV12shB9l
- School Analytics works within SIMS to provide each teacher with a set of marksheets for their classes.
- Class teachers can easily analyse their own data as soon as it is entered
- Show contextual data to give a wider picture of pupil vulnerabilities because multiple factors can affect attainment.
- Builds on teachers’ existing familiarity with SIMS.
- Easy access – if teachers already take the register in SIMS they are one click away from the School Analytics marksheets – no extra passwords or software to install.
For Senior Managers
- Keep your data with the secure SIMS environment
- No need to upload any sensitive pupil data to third party software companies
- Integrates with other parts of SIMS – attendance, behaviour, interventions
- SIMS is the most used pupil database in England and Wales with a massive user base
What it does
- School Analytics provides a pre-configured set of marksheets, group analyses, tracking grids and SIMS Discover reports that work straight away ‘out of the box’.
- No need for your staff to spend days configuring the system
- Integrates with Capita’s Programme of Study marksheets (but can be used as a stand-alone system).
- Summative (whole subject, end of term or half term)
- Based on age-related expectations: Emerging, developing, secured, mastered
- Uses traffic lights to highlight under-performance
- Highlights ‘grades of progress’ made by individual pupils over the course of a year
- Enter data termly or half termly – the choice is yours.
- Contains built-in analysis via SIMS assessment manager – so you get more out of SIMS by using the advanced analysis tools it provides.