Screenshot of Maths Y6 Marksheet
‘School Analytics’ is a SIMS assessment system for primary schools
School Analytics is a no-fuss system of marksheets that provides a simple way of recording pupil assessment. It links to the SIMS Programme of Study marksheets to help school analyse the top-level data. It can also be used ‘stand-alone’.
SIMS programme of study marksheets
The SIMS Programme of Study system allows schools to capture formative assessments quickly and easily. But schools still need to summarise the formative data to give the ‘big picture’ of pupil attainment and progress over the whole cohort. That’s where School Analytics comes in.
Why use SIMS for assessment?
Many schools don’t get the most out of their investment in SIMS. In particular, they don’t fully utilise Assessment Manager. School Analytics is a quick to set up, ‘out of the box’ solution for schools that want to get more value from one of the most powerful school improvement tools available.
Watch a video demo
Here’s a short demo of the system:
If the demo video does not play, try this link: http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cDV12shB9l
What it does
- Integrates with Capita’s Programme of Study marksheets (but can be used as a stand-alone system).
- Summative (whole subject, end of term or half term)
- Based on age-related expectations: Emerging, developing, secured, mastered
- Uses traffic lights to highlight under-performance
- Highlights ‘grades of progress’ made by individual pupils over the course of a year
- Enter data termly or half termly – the choice is yours.
- Contains built-in analysis via SIMS assessment manager – so you get more out of SIMS by using the advanced analysis tools it provides.